Thursday, December 25, 2008

The best of my singing exams

As you all don't know very well, I am a fan of cycling in the rain. Rainy rain. The way it washes over the head while you are trying to figure out whether you have to right or left in the hilly road.(Hope you understand the intended meaning of hilly, here).

Whoa.......................

OK.

It was the day before the singing exam. Believe it or not, my voice was really better than the crow-ish voice you hear nowadays. It was just perfect and I could even reach to the higher notes. I had practised the theory enough to outsmart the examiner.(Simple actually, they have a peanut-sized brain).

But the beautiful rain had to show itself on that day.

I got fever, my voice turned hoarse, I had to drink some awfully bitter drink to get the kidnapped voice out. I couldn't even watch T.V. for a minute. For my mom, practice makes a voice sweet. I was debarred from reading books. ( can life get worse?)

The next day.

A good beginning. I woke up early in the morning. Practised for half an hour. Had the stupid drink once again.(fortunately, the final time).

I reached the exam center on time. But the examiner had to come late by 2 HOURS. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any way, even though she came late, my exam began after another hour.

Enough of waiting. To add to it, she orders us to perform on the live tabla, not the electronic one which I'm so fond of. And on top of that, I have to sing playing the tambora which I barely understand.(touched it only once before).

Let the show begin. I sing one-twentieth of a raag which I practised a 1_______________0 times. Then she asks me the theory. memory loss.COMPLETELY blank. I am supposed to understand the scale in which I am going to sing. Another problem.

I had no solutions for any of the above problems. But the bright part of the experience was that i sang one complete song without ANY STOPS.

I AM GOING TO FAIL.

16 comments:

Namrata said...

congrats. join the life-officially-sucks club.

Anish said...

pessimist. tho i must say things on luk to bright in that part of ur life. BOL!

Anish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anish said...

things *dont* luk... sry

Namrata said...

who was that meant for?

Glox said...

ummm...saaad vaishnav.
but i still LOVE ur voice. *chweeeeet smile*

Aboli said...

oh, that's sad. well, est of luck for when u get the results. will ur mom kill u if u fail?

Anish said...

na its for prince charming.

Manu said...

why did ur mom debar u from reading books when
u just had a fever?

Glox said...

duuuuuuuuude. manu. ur random.

Aboli said...

god yaar post something new already! no one posts anything anymore! i'm bored.

Haunted Guy said...

i post stuff, oops forgot dat u can't get on my blog, tell ya what?
I think i'll let u on my blog, i guess blocking it is quite useless anyway, tell me ur id....

aishwarya said...

haha tapan blocked aboli......
dats funny................
lol.................
btw........
um vaishnav........whose post did u delete????????????
oh and btw.........did u pass???? or fail???????

Glox said...

he failed. hee hee.
But i stil luuurve his voice and he NEVER sings anymore =(

Aboli said...

VAISHNAV!!! POST SOMETHING ALREADY!!! EIGHT MONTHS SINCE U WROTE!!!!

Aboli said...

geez vaishnav, if u don't post something soon then i swear i will throttle u...