Tuesday, October 21, 2008

10 June 2008

OK. So it was a Tuesday. I was in my van waiting to reach home safely. I was in a tempo traveller along with girls who i would not call crazy now as i've come under their influence and become crazy like them. I was THE ONLY GUY in that bus.

Now, I was bored and these people had no other work than to irritate me. I was trying to hide my frustration. And precisely at that point of time, Namrata asks me "Do you ever get angry?". Well, you know what, that is a very good question if you had known me then. But now, i do get angry. But forget it, that's not the point.

We were around 3 km. away away from my house. As far as I remember, I was with Namrata, Nidhi, Mihika and Tanvi.

The most unexpected of things happened. The bus broke down. Instead of worrying for that sake, Nidhi and Namrata insisted on having icecream. And as you would have wanted me to be, I said “Be practical.” That does not mean anything since even I wanted icecream but my conscience forbade me to. We all do many things which our conscience forbids us to. The previous sentence makes it clear that we did have icecream. In this process, we also met a schoolmate who assisted us in getting icecream.

When we came back, the driver asked us to push the bus. We did manage to push it with 100% help from a passer-by. But the bus refused to start. So we had to go by rickshaw. We were five big people and the rickshaw-wallah did not allow 5 people in a rickshaw. But after professional help and coaxing from the bus driver, we managed to get into 1 rickshaw. A painful experience for the girls as they were sitting in the back & I was sitting in the front. But later, I came back after one of the girls was dropped.

Ahead of us was a traffic jam. We were still around a km. from our houses. The traffic simply refused to move. So we had to get down to avoid further delay. We started walking. All people stared at us. Come on, I-the only guy along with three girls. But we endured it all.

Their house was not far from my house. In fact, my house wasn’t far from their house. So, after we reached their house, they advised me to pick up a rickshaw. But I had already exhausted 80% of my money. So, I continued walking. I reached my home in around 5 min.

I really don’t know whether I enjoyed this experience but it was certainly an entertaining incident in my not-so-dramatic life. Believe it or not, I haven’t yet told my mom that I had icecream. But I tell her that we had to walk.

This is a really small post and not even a good incident. But I hope you enjoyed it all(especially the characters in it).

9 comments:

Glox said...

oh cmon. admit it. u had fun.
all of us did.

Glox said...

and also, instead of getting all tense and going "what do we do?our bus broke down!", namrata n me lightened the mood and pranced around screaming for ice cream unlike rest of u who thought it was the end of the world.

Namrata said...

ha ha, reading it from someone else's point of view was fun.
we barely knew u then. U were such a nice, sincere kid. siiigh. those were the days.

Anish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glox said...

ahh. those good old times.

Aboli said...

who deleted the comment? it hasnt even been a day since he posted and ppl are already deleting their comments.
Where was i during this episode?
Read my blog ppl. i know, shameless self-promotion. *sheepish grin*

Jack Gritter said...

and namrata, do u mean 2 say dat i'm not nice now?

Glox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haunted Guy said...

duh, is dat really a question? U and nice??????? No way!
Neway. gr8 post, musta enjoyed it. Withde gals and all. Just kiddin.*wink*